Saturday, April 7, 2018

It's all about the Triangles

I couldn't resist the triangles, new at Altenew.  They carrry the Altenew Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine which is compact and portable.

Visit Die Cut Divas for challenge rules and theme here. I'll show you the cards first and then how I made them.





Second card

Close-up of 2nd card



Shattered Triangle Dies come in two sizes and with several triangles, both with holes and without.  I used the large size and took time to glue them all together.  I started with the inner circle of six (6) triangles, then kept adding.  That's a lot of triangles, but I was determined to see how I could make a template to use for backgrounds.  It works.  I may even build it out more in a vertical way, then the orderly way it is now.  
Close-up of the triangles panel.

I thought I'd share a photo of the template after inking too. Pretty cool, eh?



Supplies:

Altenew Shattered Triangle Die Set
Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangles
Sizzix thinlits Friend (hello)
Distress Oxide inks (abandoned coral, fired brick, picked raspberry and candied apple on 1st card). Fired Brick and other red Oxides on 2nd card
Vagabond die cut machine



No comments: