Saturday, December 9, 2017

Up-cycling a Tree

Hi there, I'm subbing in for Dawn B today at the Die Cut Divas..

Dies R Us


Dies R Us is our sponsor and you could win a $10 gift certificate on a random draw of entries to the Winter Challenge this month,at Die Cut Divas. I die cut this tree with several others a year ago and now's the time to use this beautiful tree die cut.  I like to make something used into something new and this tree is cut from a tissue box that my friends from work saved for me.  I doubt that you would have known the origin of my tree unless I told you.  And no one would know this is a tissue box on the card itself.  I am pretty proud of the fact that I re-use many things that would just be put in the re-cycle without going through a re-use first.

To make the Window Frame, I left the frame in the die and dropped the glue onto the panels. I put the upside down frame about 1/2 inch from the edge of my desk.  I turned the card front upside down on top of the frame and pressed the card onto the die, lifted up and my frame was attached to the card in a perfect frame.   I left the center cuts out because I thought it would frame the tree better.



Close-up below.  The paper is that shiny.



Supplies:

Cheery Lynn Designs Frame Window B at Dies R Us
Dees Distinctively Die Overlay 3 at Dies R Us
Cottage Cutz Le It Snow (Dies R Us has a lot of "Let it snow" sentiments here)
Rinea double-sided foiled papers from The Stamp Doctor
Vagabond die cut machine

No comments: