Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Hero Arts Antique Poinsettia in Full Bloom

Just when I said, "I have enough holiday stamps", Hero Arts comes out with stamp AND DIE sets I can't resist.    You can purchase this as a set too.  I couldn't believe this was a wood block stamp, but yes, it is.  I did a little white embossing on the background using the same stamp.  No chasing after additional stamps here.  

I am looking at this poinsettia now and it's quite amazing.  The red paper I used almost looks like velvet.  I keep holding back from touching it because I "know" it's not velvet.  Yes, I guess I am crazy.

I first stamped the layers in Hero Arts White Unicorn ink and my stamp pad was a bit dry, so it didn't stand out.  I then stamped the layers with Neon Pink and I love the look of texture the two stampings give. I first used Nuvo Crystal Glitter Drops in Ruby Slippers and then wondered if I'd like Nuvo Crystal Glitter Drops in Silver Moondust on top.  It looks pretty cool.
Antique Poinsettia

The true color is the dark red of the card above.  This photo gives you an idea of the wonderful veining on the layers.
Hero Arts Antique Poinsettia
Supplies:
Hero Arts Antique Poinsettia at a2z Scrapbooking
Hero Arts Paper Layering Antique Poinsettia frame cuts at a2z Scrapbooking
Hero Arts Neon Pink Dye Ink at a2z
Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment Ink
Nuvo Crystal Glitter Drops in Silver Moondust
Red cardstock
Green cardstock
Cuttlebug
Old Hero Arts sentiment

You can use code Arlene15 at checkout to receive 15% off your purchase of $25 or more (before tax and shipping).  If you need craft items that you don’t see in the store, don’t forget you can special order them here at the A2ZScrapbooking Store.  You can find this sample at the a2z blog.

 Hope you’ll join in our October Challenge of "Layer It" with your Hero Arts stamps, dies and stencils. And, if you need some new supplies, don’t forget to shop at a2z Scrapbooking.
Arlene

1 comment:

Dawn T said...

stunning Arlene. I was going to use this set for my card... but I wouldn't have done it justice like you have!