Thursday, August 18, 2016

Anything But a Card

Morgans Artworld and Anything But a Card

I was banging my head against the wall on this one.  The image is an oval with some beautiful flowers and vines.  I meticulously colored and shaded and fell in love the with the delightful colors.  The head banging began here.  What shape did I really want to make this?  I didn't like my oval dies and when I tried the circular dies, I had the shape down.  More head banging again.  I realized I had never finished a tissue box I was working on because I had not settled down to figure out the folds on this first time cut on my Silhouette.  I checked the fold lines and finally it just clicked.  I finished my tissue box with a lacy edge and this oval wreath.  I think it turned out very well.  I'll keep it in my room.



A close-up of this beautiful image.  I love the colors, 
bright and cheery.
My sample along with our team is here.

Supplies:
Morgan's ArtWorld Country Border
QuicKutz Cutting Dies - nesting circles
Copic Markers
Cuttlebug
Silhouette

Be sure to visit Morgan's ArtWorld blog  and visit Fae Entertainment for your images.

2 comments:

NanaConnie said...

What a great idea! I'm trying to figure out how to do a template for a tissue box without an electronic cutter. :-D Love your delicate coloring.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful and fabulous idea Arlene
Dianne xx :)