Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I have a Thing for Lighthouses

I had a great time coloring the lighthouse, shell and nautical bell with my Copics right over the Silk Microfine Glitter.  I don't know why I chose the black and white checkered note card to be the background, except that when I was looking through my pre-cut note cards, I thought of checkered table clothes in little seaside restaurants and looking out at a blue sky and lighthouse.  I hope this appeals to some of you.  It grows on you, I hope.  :)

Close-up of circle - I could have used the clock and gears circle instead of cutting the circle from the Accordion Circle die.  I then embossed the circle with the clouds embossing folder.  It's quite unique. I arranged the circle and colored pieces on the card and adhered them.  The circle is glued with Mono Multi Liquid Glue and the colored items are held on by Glue Dots.  I didn't want the lighthouse glued closely to the embossed circle, so that's why it's glue-dotted.
I love coloring over the glitter.  Your colors change just a bit and I love it.

Inside of card has the negative of the glittered lighthouse on the front of the card.

Recipe:
Elizabeth Craft Designs Peel-Off stickers (Lighthouses)
Elizabeth Craft Designs Embossing Folder - Clouds
Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double-sided adhesive (6: X 6:)
Elizabeth Craft Designs Die - Love
Elizabeth Craft Designs Velvet Adhesive Sampler Pack - Love die-cut is cut out of the velvet.
Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
Elizabeth Craft Designs Shimmer Sheetz from the Sampler pack (Iris)
Elizabeth Craft Designs Accordion Circle card die for the circle
Copic Markers colored on top of the glitter

No comments: