Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I had a TIM HOLTZ' DAY!

Well, I didn't take a class from Tim, but I made four, count them FOUR cards at my LSS, The Stamp Art Shoppe in Roseville.  Susan was our hostess/instructor for the day and did she EVER put us to the test!

I really had not used my Distress Markers, even thought I've had them a couple months, except for little bits here and there, but never water coloring.  NOW was my chance.  Susan had used the Distress markers and I wasn't the only one who had not used their markers.  I loved playing with them and I think I'll do more - love the water color look.

DO NOT USE a Water Based ink to stamp your cards if you are going to use water, so Memento is out.  We used Archival Ink to stamp our images.  I loved every one of the images.  WOW.  Even luggage takes on a new look.  Susan had the greatest background pages and tapes.  In order of stamping, if not completion... ta da!
The World of Reality has its Limits: but the World of Imagination is Boundless
We used Broken China and Rusty Hinge on this gorgeous card. And I am very happy with this.

 Every Possibility Begins with the Courage to Imagine...
Image colored with Black Soot and Pumice Stone, Vintage Photo, Broken China and I think the red vest is Barn Door, but don't "quote me."

Enjoy the Journey
You can color the suit cases any color your heart desires, and I did!
The ticket die-cut was stamped with a map stamp.  It was great.

Time Fleeting Precious Seconds Moments 
I used Vintage Photo for the hat and suit, Bundled Sage on the hat band and vest.  I had double-stamped the sentiment in error, but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it.

I hope you liked my efforts.  I had a great time!

Remember our guys and boys June challenge is still on at Die Cut Divas and you should enter!  Our generous sponsor is Lawn Fawn, so check the stamps and dies out.



5 comments:

judkajudi said...

Arlene, I so enjoy your art work!! You've done a wonderful job with Tim and distress markers. I love where Tim's designs can take you!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

All so pretty ..
bibiana

Joyce said...

These cards are just fab. Great style. Thanks for telling me about your challenge. I fixed my first entry (sorry about that), and will see what I have made since your challenge was posted that I can also add. I'm going to start following this challenge, too, since I am in love with my Big Shot and dies, and use them both all the time. Happy Stamping.

alexandra s.m. said...

You really rocke the Tim H. collection here Arlene!
Love these cards of yours! Thank You~

Ardyth said...

These are really cool vintage images and you've used them wonderfully! Thanks so much for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!