Wednesday, June 1, 2011

More is Less, Less is More, - and I'll stick to that!


Less is More - I have just been intrigued by the challenge.  I am entering the 4 little note-cards (4" X 4") cards and the second card as well in the Less is More.  I wanted to try color on color too, so for myself, I made the second card.  

On the small notecards, I took a beautiful Cherry Blossom image from Hero Arts Asian Elements CL228 and wiped distress inks Victorian Velvet and Frayed Burlap in various coverages of the inks and spray misted them, some wetter than others.  I used small sentiments to tuck into the space below the largest stamp from Hero Arts Messages Everyday Sayings CL342 and an old birthday clear set - unknown number.  

I used the same sets and colors on the second  card, which I am very pleased with.  It looks much better in real life, as they say.

8 comments:

Chrissie said...

What a lovely little set of cards Arlene, you have chosen simply super colours!
I'm glad you like our challenge!
Thanks so much for submitting your cards and we hope to see you again next week.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Susan said...

What a great set of cards! Love the flowers in the different colors!
My card is HERE

Dawn T said...

Saw these on your Flickr... the set is adorable. very elegant.

Lynne said...

Super set of cards.
Lynne xxx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Gorgeous set of cards with great stamping and pretty colours.

Marie

Zoechaos said...

lovely set of cards the flower stamp is charming XOXO Zoe

Carol said...

A great set of cards, love your colours. Carol x

Pauline said...

Gorgeous cards, simply lovely!