Monday, April 11, 2011

SPRING - CARD TIME!


















I'm sending this card to ScrappinBari for the Hero Arts Spring or Easter Card swap.  This is the first time I've made a folded badge, or whatever you call it.  It seemed I was all thumbs, but finally made the circle lie flat... just takes practice, more for some than others, I can tell you!

I followed the Hero Arts sketch on this one. The April contest is in high gear and I based this card on the very last sketch.  Since I was going to use this round "thing" I thought the background would be great with this Hero Arts Cling Circle Design (CG219) stamp.  When I showed this off at work, people kept reaching to see what the circle was.  It created such depth on the card. Then, the recycle part - the scalloped oval is yes - a tissue box that went through my Cuttlebug. Love those Nestabilities because they nest so well.  Hope everyone is enjoying their spring weather.  

2 comments:

Dawn T said...

so pretty Arlene and I'm sure Linda will love it.

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Arlene, I Love your card and the folded badge is just perfect on it - you are so talented with your creations...I bet you wanted to ensure your work colleagues didn't put too much of their hands on your lovely card! Hugs, Teresa x